4 channel bus automation problem

i created a 4 channel bus, connected it to my soundcard. a 4 channel panner appears. when i move it around, it works fine. i can also record azimuth but when i play it back, the outputs are silent.
i use linux with ardour 8.6
is this a bug?
thanks atuc

Just to check basics here… did you mean a 4 channel track? Busses can’t record, they only process audio passed through them.

Seablade

i created a bus with 4 channels, the 4 outputs, i connected to my soundcard

the bus has automations for azimuth. when i change the azimuth, it mixes to the 4 speaker, i can also record but when set azimith to play, the outputs are muted

Automation on our multichannel panner does not work. It’s been an outstanding task for many years.

void
VBAPanner::distribute_one_automated (AudioBuffer& /*src*/, BufferSet& /*obufs*/,
                                     samplepos_t /*start*/, samplepos_t /*end*/,
                                     pframes_t /*nframes*/, pan_t** /*buffers*/, uint32_t /*which*/)
{
	/* XXX to be implemented */
}

Ahh thank you for the clarification, yea in that case see Paul’s response. Sorry.

Seablade

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.