2.0 released for OS X and Linux

This is truely a milestone in Open Source music software. I can’t wait til the binaries for linux are made, and it’s put into Ubuntu’s respositories. I hope UbuntuStudio will consider putting 2.0 in since they haven’t released the distro yet.

Practical realworld job done with Ardour 2 already:

I am quite happy to report, that Ardour 2 has proven its virtues here as I have recorded, cut and mastered a soundtrack for a trailer-film made for the opening of an international Filmfestival for youth-film projects. The Jugendmedienfest Festival Berlin starts on May, 9th with this 3,5 min Trailer that comes with a soundtrack completely made with Ardour 2 using free samples of filmprojectors, percussion-tracks made with seq24/specimen/H2, a hammering bassline from ZynAddSubFX and some weired samples made with Ardour 09 in the last 2 years.

It was a joy to work with Ardour 2 on this and the cutter of the movie was quite impressed - he had tried to do similar things with Cubase before and stated, that “we could not have done this the same”.

But as enthusiastic I am after all with the app I cannot hold back to mention the evil Ctrl+Leftklick - bug. 2 times the session crashed as I tried to select 2 or more regions with Ctrl+Leftklick and without the supercool crashrecovery the party would have been spoiled.

As the complete absence of crash-bugs was considered to be a prerequisite for a release, I hope this can be fixed before long.

BTW: as I get a (humble) payment for the soundtrack I will subscribe as soon as the money rolls in…

nostrum fungitur

Yes I am working on a medium sized project in Ardour and have run across the same bug, will be making sure it is in Mantis in a moment actually.

Ardour 2 is definitly doing a good job though thus far in the project, some annoyances to deal with, but I am sure they will be fixed soon.

Seablade

My only wishlist for ardour is eventual support for AU plugins on OS X since that would make a lot of high-end signal processing (that some of us already own) fully useable in all workflows.

For now I use Jack OS X to route audio out of Ardour, into Logic Pro, and then back to use my 3rd party plugins and it works fine.

But like an earlier Ardour-home-page-post, it would be nice if Logic didn’t need to be installed at all. :slight_smile:

“The only intuitive interface is the nipple. After that, it’s all learned.” -Bruce Ediger

Hey, nice new look for the site!

Just another “good work!” to the developers. This release really rocks and I hope to be able to subscribe soon…

I’m blown away!! Lots of thanks from Switzerland.

thanks