What's coming in Ardour 5.0

@sonnie: Bus (and send etc) latency compensation is happening but not in 5.0.

For large parts it’s a gradual process eg. plugin bypass, pin-connections already do delay-compensation. Also when process-graph was been changed to accommodate side-chains various aspects for complete proper latency compensation were added. Final overall integration is a huge - easily underestimated - project and will need more time.

@sonnie: i see no evidence that “letting users rearrange things by themselves” helps anyone when it requires a massive engineering effort. As I’ve written many times before, most questions related to the GUI tend to attract subjective answers from people. Is the summary better off down below, or up above? That isn’t a question that has a definitive answer. If user-rearranging was “free” then perhaps that would be the best answer. But it isn’t free.

This is great!!

Excellent preview, keep up the good work, now I’m impatient :slight_smile:

Wow amazing!!

Coool

This is great work. It seems this can really be an option to use for mixing live with these added features.

@paul you say: “i see no evidence that “letting users rearrange things by themselves” helps anyone when it requires a massive engineering effort”
I could not agree more.
Letting users rearrange the GUI is a nice-to-have but not a indespensable must that justifies substantial effort and even more so, as such a rewrite would introduce swarms of bugs in a application, that needs to be as stable as possible. … and Ardours GUI is very nice and usable as it is…
If I could have a wish it would be some animation, that shows the estimated new waveform when using the stretch tool for regions(as known from Samplitude).