What Audio/Midi interface for Linux?

Hi, I currently have the M-audio air 192/14 and it is really good value for money. :slight_smile:

Just to add to the list, I’m using an Audient ID4 (2 Inputs) and am very satisfied with it. Class USB so plug-n-play …
Works like a charm in Ardour and what I particularly like is the quality of the pre-amps that come straight from Audient’s professional consoles :wink:

In the end I’ve got the Behringer 204HD because it also has the MIDI in which is missing on the 202HD. I have 2 periods set but it seems I’m not having issues, until now.
I’m using a low latency kernel on Ubuntu. Since I’ve read about using the standard kernel in the posts above, is it possible to switch from one kernel to the other to check the difference betwee the two?

Yes, but it’s been so long since I’ve used Ubuntu I am not exactly sure of the process - some distros (like Manjaro) have a built in kernel selection and others you have to manually select the kernel at boot-up.

If you’re reading about me using a standard kernel, it’s because the standard Manjaro kernels perform as a low latency kernel - so in that regard, don’t switch unless you’re wanting to take advantage of the CPU optimization stuff in 5.8 … and even then it could end up being a wash if there isn’t a low latency version of it available for your distro.

I’m using a Behringer XAir XR18 for recording as well as smaller live gigs (at least i used to!).
It give me:
18 balanced inputs,16 xlr inputs with midas pres and 2 line level 1/4. Input 1 and 2 are also Hi Z so i can plug in a guitar without an amp and use plugins for amp and rack emulation.
2 main outs, 6 Aux outs, a headphone jack. Regular 5 pin din midi as well as USB midi and USB Audio.
Built in router with dhcp, access point and ethernet as well.
Controllable with a cross platform program/app that works on win, mac, linux, android, Iphone, all pads and tablets, laptops and desktops.
its perfect for studio recording and live recording!
Jack recognizes it flawlessly via usb midi, and have and NO xruns…yes I said NO xruns!
Now all i need is a workstation! c’mon stimulas!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.