Virtual Playing Orchestra

I haven’t really updated this in forever, let me try it out with Ardour 7 and see if it still works.

1 Like

I’ve just tried this in A7, and it works fine.

Nice work.

3 Likes

Tried to compile sfizz but there’s no ./configure file … all of the forums all over the net tell me to read the readme which of course I have done but there’s no hint there either

Ok sorry again, I didn’t realize there is a binary package for download …

I see now that the download link is working again. Excellent, and great to hear that the template is functional in Ardour 7.

“Download virtual-playing-ochestra-template-2.1.0.zip” does not work. I find something called Virtual Playing Orchestra 2022.template inside the folder of the same name so I figure that’s the new version. I follow instructions but I rename the template because there are "space"s in it’s name. Also, because it’s not a zip file, I just copy it into ~/.config/ardour7/templates and I can see a template I made earlier is in there. When I start Ardour, I expect to find the new template but it’s not in the list.
I must ask all these stupid questions because there’s so much I don’t know … like someone pointed out that “install liblo” means “install liblo-dev”, as everybody knows. Things that are self explanatory to some are heavy obstacles for a noob like me. I’m very curious about this VPO, it seems like just what I’m looking for.

Of course, when someone asks me how to get to the next bakery or something I won’t tell him to watch out for the traffic whenever he has to cross a road or wait for the traffic lights to turn green… that’s understood. It’s just that now I have these sound files installed in /opt and have no idea how to use them. If I knew where to read about that and learn, I’m totally willing to invest some work (I can’t guarantee to never bother you guys again, though)