Recorded midi notes appear behind original position

jack_delay is builtin to Ardour. You can use it from the Audio/MIDI setup window to calibrate system(ic) latency, even when using the ALSA backend.

I see now, but it’s only available if ardour started before jackd. if jack started first it shows only this:
Untitled

We assume that if you start (and therefore configure JACK) using some other tool, then you will use that other tool to get everything set up. To be honest, even allowing the buffer size to be changed here is probably too much of a concession. If you want Ardour to configure JACK, use Ardour to start JACK. If you want to start JACK elsewhere, then configure JACK elsewhere.

But also … be clear on why you’re using JACK. Too many people “read on the internet” that you need to do this. You do not. If you are routing audio or MIDI between applications, JACK is great. Otherwise, use the ALSA backend instead.

Yeah of course, I’m very clear on the use case: Ardour + SuperCollider, as I stated above. If there is something special about linux audio it’s this MusicN ← jackd → DAW thing

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.