Ratatouille.lv2 v0.8 released

Ratatouille is a Neural Model loader and mixer for Linux/Windows.

Ratatouille

This release does several small fixes.

Ratatouille allow to load up to two neural model files and mix there output. Those models could be *.nam files or *.json or .aidax files. So you could blend from clean to crunch for example, or, go wild and mix different amp models, or mix a amp with a pedal simulation.

Ratatouille using parallel processing to process the second neural model and the second IR-File to reduce the dsp load.

The “Delay” control could add a small delay to the second model to overcome phasing issues, or to add some color/reverb to the sound.

To round up the sound it allow to load up to two Impulse Response files and mix there output as well. You could try the wildest combinations, or, be conservative and load just your single preferred IR-File.

Each neural model may have a different expected Sample Rate, Ratatouille will resample the buffer to match that.
Impulse Response Files will be resampled on the fly to match the session Sample Rate.
IR-files could be normalised on load, so that they didn’t influence the loudness.

Project Page (source code):

Release Page (binaries):

9 Likes

Thank you for this, this will be used in place of the WINE version of Neural Amp Modeler for LogicalArdour.

Strange, I tried this out and it appears to do the exact same thing I mentioned that Decent Sampler does in the following post, where Ardour just closes.
Does anyone know if this is related in any way?

Decent Sampler = VST3 and this plugin I tried was LV2

Again I do not think these items are specifically related but it was mentioned that the issue with Decent Sampler was a “memory management problem” that causes Ardour to close. Was just wondering if this plugin also had this kind of issue?

there is no way to speculate on such things without a careful reading of source code and deep understanding of what it is doing. “memory management issue” is a very generic way of referring to a fundamental aspect of programming practice.

Reminds me of an aphorism from my earliest programming days (could that possibly be forty years ago?): “Segfaults are a tax on new programmers.”

I don’t know I was just kind of hoping for a response?
As mentioned, might not have anything to do with the DS issue, but just seemed to be generating the same result.
Not sure how often the developer visits this site.

I will turn to the users,
Users will probably will not be able to answer the cause itself, but maybe willing to confirm that it is not just my machine.
Has anyone tried this plugin out and experienced the same results of Ardour closing?

Thank You

It seems to me that Paul and Robin check this forum nearly every day, but they are also busy coding, so they don’t chime in on every post.

My guess is that @sound8 is referring to the developer of Ratatoullie.lv2 checking the site.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. @sound8, I checked this plugin in Ardour 8.6 on Debian 12, and it loaded without issue on my end, so I have no insight on what is causing the problem for you, unfortunately.

The developer of the plugin is very active at linuxmusicians.com. it might be worth posting it there, or to file a big report at GitHub.

Linux / Debian based distro / GTK DE
Ardour 8.6

Thank you guys for all the responses / testing.
That is correct.
Ahh so someone was able to get this to work, so at the moment it just appears to be my machine. I will look into how to handle it.
If anyone else can or cannot get this to work please let me know.
I do not have use it I guess was just curious and when I noticed an issue that was similar to Decent Sampler issue it really made me curious what was going on.

Okay, so as of now, Decent Sampler appears to be an issue with many Linux users and with this Ratatouille plugin so far just me :frowning:
Anyways, I apologize I did not mean to take over this thread that was not started be me.

Thanks Again

Hi
I was on a journey the last weeks, hence I reply late.
Unfortunately I can’t reproduce this issue, so, without a debugging output I’ve no way to get a idea what goes wrong for you.
Still, it is unlikely that the issue you’ve with this plug is the same as the one you’ve with Decent Sampler, that would only be the case when your hardware is corrupted, for example a defect RAM.