New features coming in Ardour 3.0

@antonvdh

As was suggested, check the issue tracker, that and this information is about as close to a roadmap as you get…

http://tracker.ardour.org/roadmap_page.php

However there likely will not be specific deadlines given for development. The scheduled dates on the page above can be pretty safely ignored, they are required by our tracker software.

Seablade

For roadmap http://tracker.ardour.org/roadmap_page.php is ok for me.
Thanks.

releases:
Sorry I’m used to the blender method

it is not convenient to compile every time
or am I mistaken

svn co http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/branches/3.0

Graphicall Builds are not from Blender, they are built by others and distributed by others(The community and graphicall.org respectively). They also didn’t happenin B2.5 for a period of time during the early development, which is equivalent to the stage that Ardour is in at this time. They are more common now, but Blender 2.5 is in the beta stages now, Ardour3 isn’t even in alpha stages.

The official blender builds are only the ones available from blender.org, not graphicall.

Seablade

Is there a chance it will be released this year ?.

ardour - Roadmap (Mantis)

ardour - 3.0 (scheduled for release 2009-07-23)
ardour - 3.0-beta1 (scheduled for release 2010-04-24) 82% finished
ardour - 3.X (scheduled for release 2010-06-22) 8%

As I said, ignore the dates on that roadmap, they are known to be wrong and are simply in there because they are required by the software we use. Is there a chance, yes, absolutely, I would even say it might be likely. But it has nothing to do whatsoever with any dates in Mantis.

Seablade

So this is true: ardour - 3.0-beta1 82% finished
Good to here there is a chance it will finish this year.

82% finished as of what is in Mantis right now yes.

Even that flexes somewhat as features are added to the goal or not of the 3.0 alpha/beta. As bugs get reported and assigned to it, it will shrink, as they get fixed it will increase. So you HAVE to take it with a grain of salt.

Seablade

deneme

Hey Guys, I have a minor comment ( or feature request whatever) for Ardour. I don’t know how many other subscribers will agree with me but what I personally feel is a little unimpressive fonts (Sorry for the word selection if its sounds too rude) in Ardour GUI which are better in AA and other commercial softwares. I would assume it would not be a great deal when we are talking about some major revamps in Ardour. But like I said, it might just be that for my eyes. “Beauty holds in the eye of the beholder.” :slight_smile:

It is not necessarily a bad comment/suggestion, I would suggest you put it in Mantis. Some recommendations might be nice as well, it is relatively easy to change the font styles in the .rc files.

Seablade

@gopal.gautam: unfortunately, this definitely is an area where beauty is in th eye of the beholder, because i prefer the fonts that we use, for the most part. In addition, I don’t know if you are referring to the OS X version, which uses fonts in the way that Apple recommends (mostly), or Linux, where the choice of fonts is notably different.

@Seablade: Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely try that.
@Paul: You are right. I was using MS windows for a long time before I recently made a switch (I guess forever except for work!) to Linux so I am used to those kind of fonts. I am positive that I will get used to it in a while.

I noticed that some changes are announced here in beta 1 have not yet been implemented, as the session monitor, virtual keyboards, and the possibility to create an aux buss already like, will be implemented in stable or not you see? you can already imagine the release of a beta 2?