MIDI Binding Maps for Ardour 3.0 and later versions

@moogmusic

Did you get dual bcf2000 to work successfully ? I have two bcf myself and will soon try getting them control my daw of choice.
I fetched your bcf4000 file and hopefully it will do magic…

/Anders

Hi everyone !
I’m trying to use the binding maps with a Korg nanoKontrol 2. I defined a totally new map with bank-size=1, as I wanted to assign parameters for useful plugins (pre-amp, equalizer, sends), and affected two buttons to bank changing with
Binding channel=“1” ctl=“58” function=“prev-bank”
Binding channel=“1” ctl=“59” function=“next-bank”
but when I press these, Ardour jumps from track 1 to 3, and always refuses to get to track 2. In addition, once track 3 is reached, the controlled plugins are still track 3 ones, whereas /route/gain is correctly assigned to the current track.
Does someone have an idea on how to fix this ?

@whityranger
I’ve got also an nanokontro2 and would appreciate your xml.map to compare it with mine. http://pastebin.com/ZSnXuYqE
I’ve got almost every thing working
my problem persist in
1 rec-enable and rec-disable on the same control ctl=“45” it don’t toggle as it should, my work around was to assign the “transport-stop” function and the “rec-disable” together on the ctl=“42”, it is ok for my work flow, but not ideal.
2 The stage concept, who I don’t realty understand right now
3 The pan knobs (look like it’s not implemented yet)
4 The persistence of the control (like pan…as alternative to the point 4 problem) or whatever who are assigned manually between session.
5 In Ardour 2 the ardour midi interface was exposed in the ALSA tab in Qjackctl, and now in Ardour3 it move to the MIDI tab, I use a2jmidi_bridge to route the nanokontrol 2 to the midi one.
Inserting a2jmidi_bridge & in the script field to be run after jack start works , but I would be interested in your way of doing it

Where do the .map files we create go in OSX (Mavericks)? I found the presets in /Applications/Ardour4/Contents/Resources/midi_maps/*.map.

However copying a new .map file into this directory does not show in Control Surfaces generic drop-down list.

Bonus answer: is it possible to edit the file while it’s loaded as the current map?

You cannot edit binding maps from inside Ardour.

The location is correct, but it is scanned only at program startup.

Yes, I found a syntax error in my map. Fixed and it was recognized.

I can modify the text file while Ardour is open. When I save a change it needs to be reloaded in: preferences/control surfaces. (select another .map file and select yours again)