Make a list of Stable plugins (yours is not)

Anybody can explain how to build ardour with that patch? Are these plugins stable? I tryed before the calf compressor LV2 but it crashed ardour so often I decided to live without it…

I did it by going into my Ardour SVN directory and doing:

patch -p1 < …/ardour2-r5126-lv2_external_ui.patch

(The patch was in the directory above.)

The Calf LV2 compressor has been stable for me, both when using multiple instances of the same plugin and in loading and saving songs.

I applied the patch just out of interest. I keep a stable version of Ardour on the computer too, which is for actual music, so I haven’t really tested the patched one much.

Ok, so I run this command just before scons and scons install, right? Do I need Ardour SVN or is 2.8.1 fine?

Many thanks for your help!

Yes, you apply the patch before running scons.

I used the SVN version, and a more recent revision than r5126 , but it applied cleanly anyway. I didn’t try it with 2.8.1, it should work the same way.

Thanks again, I’m gonna try it as soon as I can. God it took me 20 minutes of research in google to grab the LV2-fil-plugins.tar.gz archive… can’t believe they are so hard to find!

I patched Ardour and succesfully built the plugin, I can add it on a track but as soon as I open it Ardour hangs forever… I’ll live without it maybe…

Strange it took you so long to find it, the first hit I get when I google “lv2fil” is his LAA announcement with links to the software. The Ardour patch is a bit trickier though.

I got a tip from the gtklick homepage : "On some systems gtklick may take 10 seconds or more to start. This is caused by a bug in older versions of liblo (which are unfortunately still shipped with some recent distributions) ">/em> so I compiled the latest liblo/pyliblo and recompiled lv2fil but that didn’t help either. I get the same hangs, both in Ardour and lv2rack.
But otoh this is just Fons’ 4 band parametric with a fancy GUI so I can live with the original.

Just so you all know, Waves plugins do exist for Linux. You can buy a dedicated rack mount unit (APA32) from Waves to run them. It runs some variant of Linux. The reasons you cannot buy their plugins “for Linux” has more to do with the (1) the lack of a working license management (read: user relationship management) system on Linux (this is about more than just PACE iLok, but that is part of it) and (2) the currently perceived lack of any worthwhile market.

peder,

FWIW I installed the latest version of liblo in accordance with your tip in your post above, It still works the same so there must be other factors at work here as well, But thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try.