Korg Nanokontrol 2

Hi, I’m thinking of getting one of these as a control surface. Is it easy enough to get it working as it should in Ardour 5?

I’m using ubuntu studio by the way

There are a few threads about it in this forum; a search will turn them up but here’s what I think is the most recent one: Korg nanoKONTROL2 lights don't stay lit

I must add, I have one and almost never use it even if I like it. In general, non-motorized faders are a real pain, very easy to ruin a mix by mistake (by just touching a fader, as you don’t start from the current value), very hard to know which fader controls which track once the project grows in track number, and the short size make them unprecise. The build quality is good for the price though and I think it can be useful but for fine mixing in large-ish projects in Ardour, I would skip it.
But technically it works in Ardour.

Thanks for the replies.
I know the Korg controller has its limitations but it will do what I want it to for this project, I can always get a better one when I have more space and cash. I just need it to work without messing about in the terminal.
Thanks again

The controller arrived today, set up was easy and it does exactly what I want it to. Thanks for the replies

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.