I have found this software to be so unstable it's unusable

When you’re exporting, go to the Channels tab and make sure “Master” is selected and that it uses “Out 1” and “Out 2”.

1 Like

Hi Peder and thanks! I must say I am back to mainstream software, so I’ll check it all out when the project frenzy ceases, and I can assess everything in peace.

nick if you took a little time, you’d notice that development is commercially devoted with mixbus, and things then get brought into ardour, the mixbus daw is very similar to ardour and I suppose you could consult about either of them with the devs. One thing I have to make straight, especially I share a concern here --> blame the Distribution (and not Ardour) :). Here I use Debian for quite some time and using Ardour by the way the package maintainers are compiling/setting up Ardour is never as stable as it is from the bundle I can get from upstream directly. So if you have this as the same avenue, I’d strongly suggest to give the bundle from upstream a try… it’s never worked well for me from the debian repos, and you may have this as an issue as well, … maybe it is due to the type of hardware I am using, but for some reason the upstream bundle always works much better than the one that is shipped with the distribution.

Currently I am using the latest beta and so far for me it is very stable…

There’s another thing, is that there’s a lot of bad plugins out there, if Ardour crashes, then don’t use that plugin… It would be great imho if Ardour can encompass plugin-crash protection but maybe that is a feature that slows down ardour a bit so its probably why it is not implemented…

welcome to the club :slight_smile:

cheers :smile:

Ardour already blacklists plugins when scanning. IIRC plugins that uses toolkits like gtk. Surely it doesn’t catch them all.

Unlisted this thread on OP’s request.