how to separate the click-track?

i found this thread:
http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1377954

based on instructions in page 2 of this thread, i managed to get alsa_out working.

in Jack, I arranged the connections and now it seems to be working o.k.

i would like to thank Paul and Seablade for Your help, because Your advices gave me some direction, where to look for a solution! i really appreciate that!

last 2 small questions:

1. how can i change the tempo for the click in Ardour? i can see 4/4 and 120 in secondary clock - first is time signature, second is tempo. i have been looking through the menus and clicking on secondary clock, but no luck to find, how to change them.

2. what would be the easiest and fastest way to switch between sessions? i will use my laptop in concerts to play loops of the synths/keys (our synth/key player currently is abroad, so his parts will be played as a track) and also for metronome. due to different tempos in different songs, i believe that each song should be created as session. i could open all the necessary songs before the concert, but then i need to know, how i can switch among them easily.

1. how can i change the tempo for the click in Ardour? i can see 4/4 and 120 in secondary clock - first is time signature, second is tempo. i have been looking through the menus and clicking on secondary clock, but no luck to find, how to change them.

There is a meter and tempo ruler in Ardour, where you set markers and define what you want the meter and tempo to be at any given point. Obviously the default and initial marker is 4/4 and 120 bpm, but you can change the value of both of these and it will affect the click as well.

2) what would be the easiest and fastest way to switch between sessions? i will use my laptop in concerts to play loops of the synths/keys (our synth/key player currently is abroad, so his parts will be played as a track) and also for metronome. due to different tempos in different songs, i believe that each song should be created as session. i could open all the necessary songs before the concert, but then i need to know, how i can switch among them easily.

Well really switching between sessions live is something I would try to avoid, however you can utilize the snapshot feature and the snapshot dialog on the right hand side of the editor window to switch between snapshots easily if oyu must follow this path.

Seablade

Seablade thank You for a suggestion, and i am sorry, but i did not understand.
“There is a meter and tempo ruler in Ardour”.
how do I access it? i tried to go to Options -> Tempo -> Set tempo from region and also Set tempo from edit -> Set global tempo. what happened is that tempo changed to 41,55 and when i repeated that - to 166,19. why and how it happened, i do not know.
can You tell me, where is this meter and tempo ruler?

@viesturs: http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour/SettingUpTheMeter

thank You, Paul! that was exactly, what i needed! :))) possibility to search online for a Ardour manual did not come into my mind…