Help with recording from USB (Zoom H4

ok, paul was faster

but i think the h4 should be ready to go in duplex mode, at least the h2 is.

Hey guys thanks for the info and fast response!
Lokki, now what I’m seeing in qjackctl does look like you said. And the system outs are already connected to the ardour ins for my recording track (well one of them because it’s a mono track) and I’ve been in duplex mode all along.

OK, Paul

1. I reset the channel count to default.
  2. I actually was able to choose the H4 as an output, I was mistaken before, but I sent it back to default.
  3. I’ve read the post about how you need a soundcard that can handle both input and output at once and (as you know) the h4 acts as a one way interface only. But I think I’m prepared to deal with the output issue (if there is one) later after I get the input going.
  4. Cool, thanks for clearing that up.
  5. Would like to read this info, is it in this manual :http://ardour.org/files/manual/index2.html ? and where?

Also, does this have anything to do with how I set the audio setup tab when I create a new session? sometimes it shows up as an option and sometimes it doesn’t (which I assume means JACK is supposed to be taking care of things) …

I’m going to do a dummy reboot and double check everything before I go any further…

Alright, I’m back and still no usb mic input registering.
In qjackctl, in the connections window, should I try to connect anything from the ALSA tab? I have under ardour - 0:control, 1:mcu, 2:seq but there are no lines connecting them to the other side - not sure if this is correct or needs a fix.