Guitar feedback plugin?

The problem with feedback in the box is that YOU are an essential part of the feedback loop control system. Where you stand and how you hold the guitar are as important as your amp settings/eq and other factors that can be more easily parameterized. Static feedback parameters is just going to turn into screeching really quickly. By definition we’re dealing with a positive feedback loop with greater than unity gain. It HAS to have a control mechanism. Even if you do figure out some sort of control mechanism using a modwheel/mouse/pedal/envelopes, it’s going to have a very long learning curve.

I think that is (or should be) understood at this point. We already hashed out in previous posts why it might not be an optimal idea, the discussion has moved on at this point to how to get it done.

And after re-watching the AcouFiend video, I think the long learning curve aspect is overstated, some of the demo videos make pretty clear that with a good design you can get usable results very quickly.

Maybe some of the guitarix guys would be interested in taking on the challenge if they saw some of the AcouFiend videos.

Hi…
Sorry for the delay in responding, tried to use pipewire in my Ubuntu Studio, so many errors that I eventually gave up and have now installed AV Linux MX, am extremely impressed and everything just works with no effort on my part…

Back to the topic, thanks Chris for your thoughts, I think that has answered my question in that a linux plugin, FOSS, does not exist yet. That is all I wanted to know.

I am very dismayed with some of the responses I have had to the question I posed, it was a simple query that I hoped more knowledgable folk than me would be able to help me with, instead, several posts tried to derail my question and make it into something else, someone got upset at me for sticking to my question and this has left me with an unpleasant feeling in the experience I had not seen on this forum before.
My son tells me that is the way of the digital world these days, if true, then I feel a little sad about that. I did have other issues that I wanted advice with, but will endeavour to answer my own questions in a different way before coming to the forum again… Thanks to those that tried to answer my question, appreciate the effort.

I reposted your desire for a Linux FOSS analogue of the proprietary AcuFiend plugin as well as my interest in supporting the creation of one on the Guitarix Reddit.

So no response among the Guitarix crowd, and curiously, neither you nor anyone else on the Ardour forum has shown even casual interest in discussing my proposed development of the plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.