I open this thread for two purposes: First to ask for help getting my new 6i6 2nd Gen running (will send it back if I don’t succeed) and second as a reference for people considering to buy one.
Here is what I can confirm to work:
- All 6 ins and all 6 outs (tested S/PDIF by connecting in&out)
- Gain knobs for in1/in2
- 48V phantom power (powers in1 and in2)
- Headphone 1 (plays sound of out1/2)
- Headphone 2 (plays sound of out3/4)
- Monitor Knob (controls out 1/2, but not headphone 1)
- MIDI Led (blinks when midi data comes in, but not when data is sent out)
However, I cannot access the 6i6 2nd Gen internal settings, so that the following does not work:
- INST and PAD settings for in1/in2
- Internal mixer, e.g. for latency free monitoring or to route the out5/6 signals to headphone 2
Does anyone manage to access the internal settings?
I’m currently using ArchLinux with a kernel 4.10.5 (SMP) on a Thinkpad X250. I use jack 0.125.0 and alsa-lib 1.1.3. Planning to switch to AVLinux for audio work.