Export audio mix from kdenlive

(Rouquette) #1

Hello !

I’m editing a webserie with a friend who is a sound technician and we are trying to do it using only open source softwares. The editing is being done on kdenlive but we are facing a serious problem.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to export the audio mix from a kdenlive project to a file format equivalent to the omf or aaf and open it in Ardour ?

I’ve seen some solution with stem export but it’s not very clear how to do it and from what I understand it can only be done track by track which is a real post-production nightmare.

Thanks in advance for helping !

(Reuben M) #2

You will not have much luck with kdenlive, it’s just not designed for that type of a workflow. You might consider trying Shotcut. It supports JACK IO as well as JACK transport. It uses the same MLT backend as kdenlive.

(calimerox) #3

no chance to export audio from kdenlive other than stems. Last time i tried this went for all the linux NLEs . shotcut looked promising, but from there you also wont get omf aaf or anything ardour can later import. what works , but is not open source , is lightworks. it s latest version 14.5 is very powerful and stable and runs well on linux. there you have omf aaf export etc…
https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_lwks&view=download&Itemid=206