élastique

I think it all boils down to: warping is a tool and any tool can be used for good or bad purposes. Warping is out there on other platforms so if someone needs to “fake” their performace by warping they already can :slight_smile:

I remember listening to Maroon 5’s first hit album thinking how amazingly tightly they played together. I thought they were really good players until I saw them live and the illusion was shattered. I hadn’t heard about warping back then :slight_smile:

Anyway warping can be used all sorts of “good” things. And those that misuse it will be found out sooner or later :slight_smile:

@paul. So your saying that elastic audio features wont be implemented.

Sometimes you find out what needs to be tweaked a little after the session is over and rerecording is not possible.
Not having the tools to fix those will not encourage those visiting musicians to play better - it will only make the final result less good.
If all you do is recording yourself in your bedroom studio - then rerecord the whole night is no problem. In other situations… maybe not.

Is this still valid (audio warp markers via rubber band for ardour 6.x)?

Not clear what your question is, but nothing has changed since my last comment here.