Drumkits in Ardour 3.X

It’s got to be worth a try. If there’s one good reason for moving to 64 bits, it’s an application that needs more than 4GB.
Nothing to be scared of (except the incovenience of a reinstall!) - I’ve been using 64bit Linux for years, and the earlier AV Linux 2016 has had about 2x the number of of 64bit downloads as 32 bit.

Thanks anahata;
have tested, and it seems to work ok, but at the install time in systemback, it says at the right of “install GRUB2 bootloader”:
need to set the mount point as /boot/efi!
Am not expert at all, first time in 64bit… Does it mean that the others OS installed (AVL32 & Debian) will not be present at boot time?

Hum… please ignore last post about UEFI!!

I don’t worry about wanting to keep everything all on the same computer and instead buy a cheap used second laptop, used sampler and sound module(s), all connected.
This may not be a good option if portability is a requirement.
I find that I like to keep drums external to the computer running Ardour.
Drums tend to use more ram and cpu cycles than other sounds. This allows me to not have to worry about maxing out the workstation.

I have done it either using my older model laptop to run my favorite software app, or external hardware sound module/drum machine/sampler.

I confirm that AVL64bit can play Drumgizmo standard kit easily, thanks guys :slight_smile: