"Diehard" Colors theme

Dwarfish, or Elvish, surely…?

1 Like

How about ‘mellon’… which means friend in Elvish (as any self-respecting LoTR geek would know)… and I am a friend of Ardour… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

On second thought even ‘melon’ works with with the orange vaguely canteloupe-coloured highlights… :thinking: Maybe ‘Mellonhead’ should be the name… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would change two things:

1. The item “midi note selected outline” - to white (more noticeable IMO):

2. The transparency of the “G”-“E”-modes are more distinguishable when “G” - is filled of color, “E” - is transparent.
    Edit>Preferences>Theme>Transparency:

editable region” - move the slider to the left;
midi frame base” - move the slider to the right

In “G”-mode we are working with “blocks” - so we don’t need clearly looking grid inside the region;
in “E”-mode we need the orientation for notes - so the grid would be good clearly looking:

it’s only my subjective workflow feelling:)

P.S. A distro-oriented theme is an interesting idea. One monolith style :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@cooltehno

The wise master has spoken! Great ideas, I will look into it tomorrow and post an updated version. Thanks, that is exactly the sort of advice I was looking for!

Haha, if I could make my 2 main programs (both Ardour and Cinelerra) match the system theme I could die a happy man!

Suggestions from @cooltehno have been included and an updated ‘diehard2’ has been put in the first post.

With a great pleasure!))

My version of the theme name “ultra-celandine”. May be too crazy, but just my associations…

1 Like

Now that the dust has settled a bit… is it already time to include this upstream, or are there some further tweaks planned?

1 Like

Last night I got out to the studio and actively worked on a session and I wasn’t super happy with the Audio track BG (it’s determined by ‘widget gray’ I believe and needs to be a darker color for this theme)… I’m still fine tuning some changes on that but I hope to finish it this weekend and will be sure to post the final version here. Thanks for even considering it for upstream!

…May be one more tweak:

))next variants of the name: avlmafia, ultra-melon, alien-blood, alien juice, *dark blues

2 Likes

ack, keep fine tuning it. We’re not in a rush to push out a new release anytime soon anyway.

@x42

I think I’m done tweaking, I have edited the first post and uploaded the latest version ‘diehard3’ with the suggestions from @cooltehno. Any changes beyond that will probably be up to the User on an individual needs basis so I think the colors theme is ready whenever you are…

2 Likes

Is a nice Theme Glenn.

1 Like

Thanks!

Apparently not nice enough to get into Ardour 6.8 or 6.9… :thinking:

I forgot. I only checked for pull-requests and the issue tracker before the release.

A forum isn’t great to keep track of things, this topic just fell to the bottom of the stack, out of sight. – You have to be more diehard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ardour looked shockingly weird when I started the new release without migrating the color scheme.

1 Like

@12strings2hands
Like that(?):

1 Like

Haha!

Yes it doesn’t like it’s theme to be missing very much, the same happened to me! I was kind of surprised it didn’t default to the dark theme default settings when a custom theme can’t be found…

@GMaq ))

Ardour has a Blender’s “random” option! :))

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.