Development Update, November 2019

very good news. thanks. you have revealed part of yourself :wink: so many interesting devices. I just wonder what your music sounds like …

My music sounds like … silence. Sadly, I do not make any. That was the original goal of Ardour, but I realized I am a much better programmer than a musician.

5 Likes

So is all the gear just for testing?

Are there any screenshots or concepts of this new plugin manager magic you speak of?

Good news to read, thanks!
It seems that if Paul is the father of Ardour, now Robin is its Codefather…

Yess!!

I’ve been waiting so long to see another development update!
Paul, and Robin - thank you guys for the great work you’re doing!

I’m really looking forward to see the long-standing MIDI issues ironed out (also hoping for a better automation workflow).

5 Likes

Congratulations Paul and Robin.

Looking forward to 6. Please don’t feel rushed to get anything out. It’s ready when it’s ready.

I’m also really interested in the deeper changes. If there is a possibility to do a video about development, I think it would be great to share with the world what is happening, and why it is important.

Most of the time GUI takes over importance because that is what people see all the time. Discussing low level changes can help educate users.

3 Likes

Hi Paul and Robin for new future 6.0 version Ardour there are possibility version armhf or arm64 for Raspberry pi 4 ? Many thanks for your news on Ardour and best regards.:slightly_smiling_face:

gennaro

Yes, there are plans to support armhf (32bit) and aarch64.
It’s yet unclear if they’ll become “official” with 6.0 or only nightly builds until we’re confident.

There are already working scripts to automatically cross-compile official binaries for those two architectures though.

1 Like

More development updates. ARM binaries, hot from the oven:

https://community.ardour.org/files/Ardour_armhf-6.0.pre0.2812.tar
https://community.ardour.org/files/Ardour_arm64-6.0.pre0.2813.tar

As opposed to nycthemeral builds builds, there’s no installer.
Just untar and run Ardour*/bin/ardour6

6 Likes

Paul, your life can be an inspiration for many people and certainly for me

2 Likes

Hi Robin i am very happy… I have a download new alpha pre-release ardour 6 armhf version for my raspberry pi 4 with 4 giga ram and fluxbox windows manager on Raspbian Buster + repository kxstudio for armhf version for testing… it’s a fabulous developer and works. I have import 5 tracks audio for loop and insert new midi track with dexed synth + a compressor ardour plug in + dragon fly reverb + calf reverb on master trF It’s a … For audio card i have used behringer uca 200 usb and for midi key used akm 322 midiplus. Ardour start with alsa driver.Many thanks at you and Paul for new future developers ardour 6 for raspberry pi :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Impressive. I only have a RPi3 and while it runs Ardour just fine, it’s not capable to do a lot of DSP.
I mainly envisaged it as HDR.

Ardour 6 Alpha + Raspberry Pi4

Ardour 6 (pre-release,alpha release) armhf version for Raspberry Pi + Yoshimi synth + 3 audio track + 1 midi track + 3 x42 equalizer + x42 limiter on master track on Raspbian Buster (openbox windows manager) and Raspberry Pi4 with 4 giga ram - Simple Screen recorder for audio and capure video. Qjack setting for audio card behringer uca 200 16 bit 44 khz and 23 ms latency at 1024 buffer size. For jack midi i have setting a2jmidid -e in qjack :smiley::smiley:

Ardour 6 + Raspberry Pi4 + Yoshimi + x42

1 Like

That’s good news! Thanks for checking the armhf build on RPi4. I am a lot more confident that we can offer official 6.0 ARM versions now.

So we’ll just need the usual packaging details, and finishing touches: Add an installer, compress it. etc.

1 Like

Great job Robin, I’m sure the official version of Ardor 6 for arm architecture will have many admirers and satisfied users :smiley:

Yay for HiDPI support for plugins!

Hi friend net test Ardour 6.0 alpha armhf for Raspberry pi and various effects from lsp and calf + oxe fm synth on Raspberry Pi4 with 4 giga ram,behringer uca 200 usb audio card 16 bit 44 khz,qjack, 4 track audio loop import + 1 midi track (virtual instrument oxefm).
Stay tunerd for little video test :smiley:

1 Like