Dante Protocol Networked Audio

@dsreyes

So based off reading that thread there are two things I believe are occuring:

1. Adrian Knoth (adiknoth) is likely using the driver and card from FourAudio (I believe he is the one that initially pointed me in their direction)
  2. Dell Green likely has a developer kit from Audinate (Brooklyn II Kit and Card, which I believe has a Linux SDK IIRC)

Audinate has flat out told me that they have no intention of releasing a Linux driver, that was years ago mind you so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. My suspicion is that Dell Green is using the development kit but I do not know for certain. It would be worth contacting him I suppose just in case so I just added a comment there to see if he responds.

Seablade

@seablade

I’ll keep an eye on that and ask around. Thanks for responding

For everybody’s interest, Merging Technologies provides Windows/ASIO and MacOS/CoreAudio drivers and Virtual Sound Card for Ravenna since many years.

A MacOS/CoreAudio AES67 VAD has been released early this year and is available free of charge, please check http://www.merging.com/

Now, to complete the panorama, Merging is about to release a Linux ALSA driver/VAD for Ravenna/AES67, a few distributions are already in advanced testing. As a Linux/ALSA doesn’t deploy as easily as a Windows/Mac driver, anyone interested can contact us on http://www.merging.com/contact or directly to aes67@merging.com for discussing availability and deployment options.

That may allow an easy bridge to Dante since they are finally AES67 compatible.

Dominique

@dbrulhart

This is great to hear, sadly since Allen and Heath hasn’t updated the firmware on their dante cards yet, there is no AES67 support there yet that I know of, so knock off two of my systems there(Possibly more would have to think). I have to check on my Yamaha CL system though to see whether they support AES67 or not.

Seablade

I concur with seablade that this is great to hear. I don’t currently have the budget to change to AES67 hardware, but it does open up interesting possibilities for future upgrades.

How about the MOTU AVB interfaces? They have builtin 48 channel mixers for their devices and they just released firmware to use AVB as a separate interface. I’ve been reading up on the development for the Intel i210 cards that supports AVB on linux and thought this might be a possibility in the near future.