Could we have a clip list for radio montage/podcast-production?

Back again after having used the suggested method some more - I hope it has helped me getting the terminology a bit clearer in describing what I’m still missing:

It works :slightly_smiling_face:- but a way to do it without having every cut in a range on the list, as it is now with the regions list, and without having to hide/un-hide a hidden saver-track constantly as I go along, and rather just have a list of something like “range-clipboard” that could work by holding it’s own autonomous copy of selections made in ranges on the tracks, would be great.

I just Bounce to Source List for each range that I want to save so that all of the sounds I need to use are in one list. Not ideal, but better than using the region list especially if you might use a sound a number of times (Region list becomes bloated as you say) and also if you don’t yet want to have the sound on your timeline (region deleted from the timeline disappears from the Region List). I like the Pro Tools Clip List where ‘real’ sound files are in bold type and clips (ranges/regions, just part of a sound file) are in normal type. You can see the difference at a glance but all my sounds are together. For our Recording students it’s not an issue, but for the students on creative music tech (sonic arts etc.) courses it seems to be the best workaround.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
this is a life saver!
NOW I understand the sources-list and am able to use it. Ardour is a power-DAW!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.