Ardour 7.0 has been released

In that case I have completely misunderstood what these are. Thanks for the info.

NDI looks interesting. I may need to follow up on that.

I’m still confused why this one project opens the Cue screen in a new window.

Cheers,

Keith

All four of the “tab” (Rec, Edit, Cue, Mix) can either be attached to a single window or detached, according to the user’s wishes. Right click on the relevant button to attach/detach it. You must have (accidentally, I assume) detached it at some point.

1 Like

Thanks for Ardour 7.0.

The STEM export for MIDI files is a real big help and relief. The CUE function takes a little getting used to, but it’s really, really great. This is worth a donation to me. Thank you Paul…

It has already been mentioned here that the time display does not work with a sample rate of 96 khz in new projects. It doesn’t work for me either. But, in the next update it will work.

Paul . . Many Thanks.

What do you mean with “still”? It works reliably in Ardour 6.9.

There was however a bug in 7.0.0 which is now fixed since 7.0.46.

Thanks guys for your great job. I’m still using 6.9, and don’t think the clips funcionality are for me, but I’ll have to give it a try.

Having had a play with this in Mixbus, I found the clips launching from the Cue page too limiting and confusing. However, adding clips using Cue markers on the timeline was very useful for building up a song, especially with drum parts.

Cheers,

Keith

Congratulations. A year isn’t that long between major releases.

It was a year between 6.9 and 7.0, but almost 2.5 years between major versions 6.0 and 7.0 :wink:

1 Like

This is absolutely brilliant and fantastic, Paul. Thank you so much for this. I’ve been waiting for this for probably over a decade.

I have one question: Are all the clips still loaded into ram, or is it now more of a buffering from disk system? Just so that I can be prepared when I download and set up.

Loaded into RAM. Streaming for disk for this sort of thing is so 2003 :slight_smile:

1 Like

A gold is bоrning inside the bug-fixing fire!! Epic power! THANKS TO DEVS! :alien:

1 Like

Congrats. Good work everyone. :pray: